Community > Groups > Newcomer Group > Why did you decide to learn Japanese?

N

Why did you decide to learn Japanese?

Posted by Narguin 7 years ago
johi:)

Posted 4 years ago

I'm half Japanese, so it's always been hard for me to speak to my grandparents in skype. I wanted to learn more about Japanese Culture. I never grew up with Japanese, only Anime and my grandparents on skype. I'm hoping to visit my grandparents in Japan and therefore I thought I'd be great if I at least could speak Japanese to them.

AmNotADev

Posted 4 years ago

Lots of good goals on here. 

I think I originally learned Japanese to feel better connected to a foreign group of people that I couldn't see, touch, or feel. I wanted the chance to be able to understand parts of their culture and understand how they differed from the people I was raised with.

Michael Karicas

Posted 4 years ago

I love Japanese culture art and people!

Nathan

Posted 4 years ago

Anime is the main reason I want to learn nihongo. So I don't have to read subtitles and also when I go to Japan I can communicate with the locals.

ニック

Posted 4 years ago

Got into anime a few years ago, then I just started falling in love with the culture. I've been to Japan since then and a long term goal I have wirth my partner is to have a small apartment there, just a single room with a tatami, food storage somewhere to eat and a bathroom. I want to be able to communicate with the locals when I visit and understand more when watching shows/anime.