Community > Groups > General Discussion > Get to Know You!

G

Get to Know You!

Posted by Emmachan 8 years ago
Emmachan

Posted 8 years ago

Go to this link if you want to pause or delete the drills you already know so that you can work on the ones you still are learning:

https://www.nihongomaster.com/myaccount/drills

erinea

Posted 8 years ago

Hello to everyone!

I'm not new to NM but it's been a long time since I last showed my face here, so I erased all my achievements in order to do a clean start again!

I'm from Spain and as you can see my english is not very good, so I must be crazy trying to learn a language that is even more difficult >.> So please, correct me whenever you want and have patience with me and my null skills.

What's next... Some words about me... I was fascinated by japanese culture since my childhood, but I never had the opportunity to start learning japanese because I live in the middle of nowhere, so I can't properly assist to any native classes and stuff.

I've started studying this language a few years ago using the みんなの日本語 books, but I haven't advanced because I got really busy with my college exams and internships. So I found myself getting older without really focussing on this project. I even nearly forgot about the basics. How sad! So I wanted a more dinamic learning method and I just remembered I had a NM account :)

Well, I've already finished the free lessons of NM, so I wanted to ask you if it really worth it to subscribe for a premium account in my situation, when you don't even have a good english level. (I keep dreaming about this kind of interactive language learning in spanish but it won't happen).

Emmachan

Posted 8 years ago

Actually, your English is very good! :3 I think you would be ready to get premium. There is a choice of getting it montly or every 6 months, or every year ( at least last time I checked!) The yearly one is the best deal but if you don't do it every month or day or week maybe for starters you should start off with monthly.  

Premium lets you have more options and is more helpful.  I have premium and I would totally recommend it!

erinea

Posted 8 years ago

I was planning to buy the 6 months pack but my income has been severely reduced.  I'll have to check my numbers carefully before making a move. Maybe I should wait for a promo... I remember seeing something like an email with discount codes in the past.

Ok, I'm getting too hyped over this site haha. 

Well... First thing first. I'll think about the one month plan, then :)

Thanks for your help emmachan~

kitbis

Posted 7 years ago

hello erinea. I'm not sure if you're going to see this reply, but I'm going to write it anyways.

I think that you're english is good too. I didn't know we could erase our accomplishments (or maybe I just forgot since I don't really need to). I think you'll be okay with the premium (I don't know money wise, but I don't think the english vocabulary used in the beginner lessons aren't that difficult at least and you get access to manga lessons, kanji lessons and more interesting grammar stuff ^v^).

Well, in my case, I'm still a teenager, so I don't really get how money works and so I just asked my mother to buy me the yearly premium membership. Well at that time, the price was lower (two times lower than now), so I'm just taking advantage of it. I think you might want to look at the price during holidays and special days (sorry, I forgot how you say it in english) such at christmas, valentine's day (I'm sure there was one at that time before), new year, halloween, easter or something like that. I can't garantie that there will be a discount but you can at least try and see if there is one.

デリウス

Posted 7 years ago

Hello everyone,

I'm born in USA. Right now, I'm a college student in California. My major is Japanese because I love Japan, it's people, and culture. I've been studying this very interesting language for over 5 years. I can read, write, and understand it. However, since I'm a little shy, I need to improve my Japanese speech. My hobbies are improving my interaction with people slowly, video games, movies, anime, Godzilla, shopping, eating at Japanese restaurants, and, the most important, learning Japanese. I hope to become a good member in this group. :D  

kitbis

Posted 7 years ago

It's nice to meet you ダリウスーさん。I think it's really cool that you've learned japanese for 5 years already (I have to make sure to continue to learn japenese too. I'm about at my third year now.) It's also great that you get too study japanese at school (so lucky~. For me school is just taking all the time I have, so I hardly have time for japanese). I'm also thinking about maybe taking Asiatic studies (I don't rememeber the name exactly) when I wil be at university, but as a minor or something, but I'm not sure because I have to preoritize litterature courses since I want to become a writer.

plebaap

Posted 7 years ago

Hello everyone! I used to be very active on this site and put a lot of my free time into the joyo kanji list. Unfortunately I've been away from this site completely for months..or perhaps a year, I am not sure anymore. University and work have been keeping me too busy.

Anyways, I am finally back and ready to start learning again! Japanese is something that needs constant practice, so after being away for a long time my ability to read kanji has pretty much gone down the drain. After opening up nihongomaster again I saw an invitation to join this group, it seems like a really good initiative! I look forward to learning again with all of you, let's pick up the pace! ;)