Community > Groups > アニメ・漫画 (Anime/Manga) > What are you currently watching and your opinions so far?

What are you currently watching and your opinions so far?

Posted by Nina 10 years ago
EmilyTheBaker

Posted 8 years ago

I'm watching Sword Art Online

JeForceX

Posted 8 years ago

Currently Watching
Musaigen no Phantom World

Taylor A.

Posted 8 years ago

I just started watching Trigun. I know it's from 1998, but if you haven't seen it I highly recommend it! Has anyone else watched Trigun before? 

JeForceX

Posted 8 years ago

There is nothing wrong watching Anime series from the past.
It fact, your action should be applauded!

Currently Watching
Gochuumon wa Usagi desu ka?

erinea

Posted 8 years ago

I'm currently having the urge to re-re-re-watch the old animes that I enjoyed during my childhood/adolescence. My favorite is Versailles no Bara :) Fiction is all right, but I like the historical animes better.

Saber Marionette, Utena, Evangelion, Eat Man, Trigun, Kenshin, Aa megami-sama... I miss those years....

JeForceX

Posted 8 years ago

@erina: The Anime titles which you have mentioned are really very old! @.@

Currently Watching
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk (Season 2)

erinea

Posted 8 years ago

@JeForceX

Yeah, I know haha. I started watching anime in the 90s, and I have a special feeling towards the "old school" (like with Versailles no BaraSaint Seiya, Mirai Shōnen Konan...). Well, I'm still quite young though (just under my 30s), but I find a bit sad that the new otaku generations can't enjoy that kind of series despite all that "vintage" revival... (Don't get me wrong, I'm all right with the new hype about Tokyo Ghoul, Psycho-pass, Shingeki no Kyojin, etc. I even have my own Dominator and a 3DMG at home lol).

Well, let's get on the real topic of this thread. In the last couple of weeks I finished four more series: Sakamichi no Apollon (magnificent OST), Shin Sekai Yori (absolutely p-e-r-f-e-c-t.), Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso (speechless *sobs*) and Ore no Monogatari (very heartwarming)... Simply put: wow. I liked ALL of them. It was a refreshing change from what I've been watching lately.

All the jazz environment of the first anime reminded me off Cowboy Bebop. No wonder why, It was orchestrated by the same person: the amazing Yōko Kanno!. If you guys haven't watched it yet, I tell you that won't be disappointed :)

So, what type of anime do you usually watch? 

JeForceX

Posted 7 years ago

@erinea: My preference is towards Anime series with deep and complex plots such as Code Geass, Guilty Crown, Aldnoah.Zero, Shingeki no Kyojin, PSYCHO-PASS, Sidonia no Kishi, Owari no Seraph, and more.

Slice-of-Life series such as Lucky Star, Minami-ke, Yuru Yuri, and the like are also great comedy relief while taking a short break from the deep plot series haha!

There is this Love Live! , Kantai Collection, and Touken Ranbu craze happening in my region (South East Asia) for many consecutive years and I still could not figure out what is so 'great' about these series.

Though I am kind of glad that the Angel Beats, Sword Art Online, Shingeki no Kyojin, and Mekaku City Actors (Kagerou Project / Days / Daze) crazes are finally over!

When it comes to idols, I prefer The IDOLM@STER franchise over the other idol series such as AKB0048, Aikatsu and K-ON!.